Tuesday, December 10, 2013

And, so? Why is it important?

"And... so?"
And, so, otherwise I probably would have failed everything and dropped out. I don't know where I'd be right now or what I'd be doing, but I'm sure I'd rather be here. I still don't have a perfect work ethic, but the gratification of accomplishment and understanding the importance of hard work has pushed me through a few very challenging years, and with any luck will have a continued effect through the rest of my life. My dad (like probably every dad) would always say to be grateful for, or take advantage of what I have, and it took a really long time to sink in. For myself, I knew I was capable of success and I just discovered what it felt like by standing out. For the other people I found who were at the other end of academic success, not only did many of them not know what it was like to feel successful and proud of their work, some of them were so far behind that they couldn't realistically catch up in the time time meant to do it and probably wouldn't have the drive to reach it. It's just the sad effect of how the whole system works, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment